Ben Wilson's Portfolio

Block Factory

Cover Image

Block Factory was my final major project for my first year in Level 3 Games Development at Northbrook. This also was my first completed 3D game which made it to second in the category in action. The assets were created in Magica Voxel. I also used Magica Voxel to create the UI, I did this by creating the background panels then exporting it as a 2D image which I would use in the UI background.

Looking back at this project the one big issue with it is the lighting. It was meant to be set inside a factory however I had no experience with how to create good lighting so I just ended up making everything a bright white which made it harder to tell the depth. Another challenge with this project was getting the pipes working where items would travel along and get filtered correctly, the final implementation wasn’t good or optimised but it worked most of the time.